Doors & Registration Open
Coffee & Continental Breakfast Available
Introductory Remarks and Keynote Speech
Lunch/Networking in-between sessions
- Amber Waves of Grain: The use of locally grown grains and malts in your production. Presented by: Jacob Buck (Maine Malt House), Andrea Stanley (Valley Malt), and Christian Stanley (Valley Malt)
- Ten Fingers, Ten Toes: Brewery Safety 101
- Beyond Hoisting a Pint: Setting up and running a Sensory Program in small and mid-sized breweries.
- What’s Old is New: – The rebirth and growth of Eastern hops and differences between PNW Hops. Presented by: Peter Busque (Crosby Hop Farm), Ryan Houghton (The Hopyard), Steve Miller (Northeaset Hop Alliance)
- Beyond the Can-Do Attitude: QA/QC in your canning process. Presented by: Matt Eshelman (Nightshift Brewing), Joe Mashburn (Nightshift Brewing), Tyler Willie (Iron Heart Canning)
- Better Living Through Chemistry: Local Water Chemistry and the Impact it can have on your beer.
- Barrel Aging: A primer on barrels, barrel usage, and best practices for barrel aging beer. Presented by: Matt Albrecht (River Drive Cooperage & Millwork)
- Sustainability Resources: Brewers Association Sustainability Ambassador Ian Hughes will provide an overview of how to brew the highest quality beers in a way that strengthens the value of your brewery business while enhancing the resiliency of the natural environment and agricultural systems that provide brewing ingredients, and enhances the lives of our workforce and their communities
- Over Attenuation: Exploring over attenuation in modern brewing. Presented by: Jason Perkins (Allagash Brewing Company)
Tasting Room/ Brewpub Operations/ Front of House:
- “Your Service Sucks” -that guy on Yelp: Tim Brady, Brewers’ Association Beer Server Training Manual Instructor will talk about the most important aspects of good service as perceived by your guests and offer tips and take-aways about how to creatively use the brewpub server training manual and make your staff shine.
- Rough Draft and Breaking Bottlenecks: Solutions to draft dispensing problems, and strategies to make your tasting room or bar more efficient. Presented by: Alex Stevens (Maine Line Cleaning) and Bob Bernier (Matheson Gases)
- And Now, The Main Event: The basic, and not-so-basic steps to putting on great events.
- Out of the Brewery, Into the Light: Strategies and Tips to bringing the production experience out of ops and into your front of house. Presented by: Jill Perry (Allagash Brewing), Don Littlefield (Maine Brew Bus), and Mike Sardina (Bissel Brothers)
- Selling Here to There: How to take ‘local’ outside of your community. Presented by: Dan Kleban (Maine Beer Co.) and Tim Adams (Oxbow Brewing)
- I’m Sorry, Who Are You Again?: Brand-building in a crowded marketplace. Presented by: Alex Steed (Knack Factory)
- Don’t Let Boring Become Exciting: All the stuff you don’t like thinking about – but know you need to do; creating a checklist to cover your bases as you grow your business. Presented by: James Sanborn (GHM Agency), Tina Bonney (Foundation Brewing Co.), and Celine Freuh (Allagash Brewing)
- The Legal Side of Things: The Craft Beverage Practice Group of Presenting Sponsor Bernstein Shur shares their deep expertise at the intersection of craft beer and the law.
- Money and Financing: A Perspective from the Other Side of the Desk: Financial experts share how they evaluate your loan, make decisions on financing, and resources available to grow your brewery. Presented by: Diane Sturgeon (US SBA) and Jeff Charland (Bar Harbor Bank & Trust)
All sessions are subject to change, please check back to this page for final sessions.
Happy Hour/ Trade Show/ Networking @ Exhibition Hall